As a patient of the UNT Student Health and Wellness Center, you have choices, rights and responsibilities.
You have the RIGHT:
- To be treated with dignity and respect.
- To know the names and professional status of people serving you.
- To confidentiality of your records.
- To receive information about your health related concerns.
- To know the effectiveness and/or possible adverse effects of treatment and any available alternatives.
- To prompt medical attention with priority given to urgent care.
- To participate in choosing a form of treatment.
- To receive education and counseling.
- To consent to, or refuse, any care or treatment.
- To select your health care provider.
- To review your medical records with a clinician and/or request a copy of your records.
- To information about services and related costs.
- To health care, regardless of your age, race, gender, religion, disability, national origin or sexual orientation.
You have the RESPONSIBILITY:
- To seek medical attention for urgent medical conditions promptly.
- To be comprehensive about your medical history.
- To ask about your medical treatment if you do not understand.
- To follow health advice and medical instructions.
- To acknowledge, in writing, your decision to refuse recommended treatments.
- To report any significant changes in symptoms or failure to improve.
- To respect clinic policies, personnel and other patients.
- To turn off pagers, cell phones and other electronic media devices while in the clinic.
- To keep appointments or cancel/reschedule appointment with advance notice.
- To call in advance for non-urgent, routine exams.
- To provide useful and pertinent feedback about services and policies.
- To pay, promptly, any bills you have incurred at the time of service or make suitable financial arrangements.